This is a great trick that I just found today!
After I have applied it, the game runs much more smoothly and loads graphics much faster!
- Right-click the "My Computer" icon (Computer in Vista)
- Choose "Properties" from the context menu
- Click the "Advanced" tab ("Advanced system settings" link in Vista)
- Click the "Environment Variables" button
- Under the "System variables" section, click new
- Enter SWGCLIENT_MEMORY_SIZE_MB in the "Variable name" field and amount of memory to use (1024 for 1 gig) in the "Variable value" field
- Click OK
- Run SWG
I have a total of 12 gig memory and I used 8 for the trick, so the value for me is 8192.